iX Technology Group Ltd, an InsurTech start-up company, today announces the appointment of Sally Coryn as Executive Chairman.
Sally was previously Head of Corporate Development at Canopius and brings more than 30 years’ insurance market experience spanning strategy, analysis, investor relations, communications and underwriting to the role.
In this role, Sally will be responsible for developing the Group’s strategy as it seeks to build innovative blockchain-based solutions to meet the needs of the insurance market.
Ingemar Svensson, CEO, said, “This is a significant appointment for our Group as we build its presence in the InsurTech sector. We are very pleased that Sally has become our Executive Chairman and I am confident we will benefit from her leadership and extensive insurance experience.”
Sally Coryn commented, “InsurTech is an exciting, fast-growing area which is driving innovation and modernisation across the insurance industry. By increasing trust, transparency and efficiency, blockchain technology can deliver enhanced customer service and cost-efficient business models. I am delighted to join a team with proven entrepreneurial and technology credentials and I look forward to working with them as we develop our strategy and product range.”
For more information, please contact:
Ingemar Svensson, iX Technology Group +44 20 7947 9515
Notes to Editors
About iX Technology Group
1. iX Technology Group Ltd is an InsurTech company, powering next generation InsurTech solutions with a focus on blockchain technology. It has operations in London and New York.
2. The Group was founded in 2017 in London and is led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs and technologists with experience in FinTech and InsurTech as well as senior executives from the insurance market.
3. Its principal subsidiaries are iXLedger and iX Risk Solutions.
iXLedger Ltd is the technology development arm of the Group. It is developing blockchain-based solutions to address the operational and strategic challenges faced by the insurance industry. These include platforms to enable efficient collaboration and data sharing amongst networks of insurance professionals and companies across the insurance life cycle.
iX Risk Solutions Ltd is the insurance distribution arm of the Group. It is regulated by the FCA and licenced to distribute insurance products. The company currently offers Blockchain insurance quotes, combining the Group’s knowledge of blockchain, the ICO process and its in-house insurance expertise. It is an Appointed Representative of Compass Underwriting Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA Registration No: 304908.
Sally Coryn – Biography
1. Sally joins from Canopius (a global speciality line (re)insurer and top 10 Lloyd’s insurer) where she was Head of Corporate Development and sat on the Executive Committee. Previously she held senior management roles in the Corporation of Lloyd’s where she established both the Investor Relations function and the Relationship Management department. Prior to this, Sally held board-level roles at St Paul Syndicate Management and Murray Lawrence Members Agency.
2. She was named as one of the Influential Women in Re/Insurance by Intelligent Insurer (2016).
3. She has a BA (Econ.) Hons from the University of Manchester and is a Chartered Insurer.